W e l c o m e !
District 5 Neighbor:
It has been a unique honor and privilege to serve as your Atlanta City Councilperson. Together, we have accomplished a lot over the years, and together we will continue to move our community forward.
Specifically, we have successfully:
- secured two newly renovated LEED certified fire stations and a new 8,000 square foot library in East Atlanta;
- secured more than nine acres of additional green space for community use and cultivation and improvements for existing parks;
- established the Edgewood Retail District (ERD) that employs more than 1600 people and generates $10.1 million in sales tax revenue--the ERD also provides housing for seniors and new residents (note: this is one of several developments we have worked on together over the years);
- revived the Atlanta Youth Commission; and
- supported a vibrant and welcoming environment for all orientations, genders, races, ethnic groups, and businesses.
While we admittedly have achieved a lot together, there is still work to be done! What most excites me about the journey ahead are the memories of our humble beginnings, and the invaluable knowledge I have been equipped with along the way that will help me to continue to propel our community forward.
Thank you for your continued support and incredibly hard work to make our neighborhoods better. I look forward to four more years of service, and more importantly, four more years of becoming better by working together.
Important Voter Information
The November General Election is Tuesday, November 7, 2017. Georgia citizens are urged to ensure their voter registrations are accurate and up to date. Individuals are urged to check their voter registration status at My Voter Page. The deadline to register to vote is Tuesday, October 10, 2017.
Registering to vote in Georgia has never been easier. For the first time, voters can register to vote or update their information online, via text, or by using a smartphone app. Georgia citizens can submit an electronic voter registration application using their Georgia driver’s license number or state-issued identification card number on several platforms:
- Online Voter Registration (OLVR)
- “GA SOS” mobile app for Apple and Android devices
- text “GA” or “Georgia” to “2VOTE” (28683)
For additional information, please visit the Georgia Secretary of State Elections website.
The success of District 5 is the story of a community who tirelessly works together to make the place we call home better. To find out more about how you too can join our collective efforts to make District 5 the BEST district in the city of Atlanta, click "I'm In!" We look forward to having you on the team.